A Few Tourist Tips
Here are just a few tips you may find helpful on your travels to the villa.
- The water in the USA is safe to drink (but tastes a little different from the water in the UK)
- The currency is the US Dollar. Visa, Mastercard and American Express are taken in many places.
US Dollar travellers checks can also be used and are taken in many stores and restaurants.
- Remember to drive on the right side of the road. There are a number of toll roads where you have
to pay a small amount of money at each 'Toll Plaza'. Some hire car companies subscribe to the "fast pass" scheme which
keeps a track of which tolls you pass through and then they will charge your credit card at the end of your trip.
If your hire car company does do this then it is much more speedy and convenient, avoiding you having to find change
after a long flight.
- If you are not a US citizen then you will need a visa or apply for a visa waiver under the ESTA scheme.
Visit the ESTA Website for further information.
- What do I need to bring?
- Bring all the things you would normally take to a hotel:
clothes, deodrants, suncream etc - clean linen and towels are provided in the villa. You might like to bring your
own beach towels for the beach and the water parks.
- Florida is pretty much warm and sunny all year round (that's why its called the sunshine state), but
it can get chilly in the evenings.
- In the USA the unit of measure for temperature is fahrenheit. Please find below a conversion
between celius and fahrenheit:
|200||392||Moderately hot oven|
|240||464||Very hot oven|
© 2010-2017 - all rights reserved.
[Link to us]