When you place your booking you will be asked to complete a booking form and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- We do hope you enjoy your visit to Florida and thoroughly enjoy the use of our home and trust you will treat it with the care and respect it deserves.
- If you wish to discuss any of these terms and conditions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
- The signing of the booking form by the party leader confirms acceptance of the terms and conditions set out and shall be binding on the persons listed on the booking form intending to occupy the premises (or any subsequent amendments to this list).
- Should the home be over occupied, you will be removed from the villa with no refund.
- Should it be found upon departure evidence of over occupancy, the security deposit will not be returned.
- No parties of guests who are all under the age of 21 will be accepted.
- No parties of all male or all female guests will be accepted.
- For the comfort of guests our home is non-smoking.
- To ensure comfort, security and peace of mind, our villa is registered with the state authorities and is in full compliance with all relevant legislation.
- There are fire alarms situated around the entire villa. Any tampering of these alarms will result in a deduction of $50 from your security bond.
- Bed linen and towels are provided for your needs.
- Local and national telephone calls including internet access are free. Other calls are paid for as taken.
- The villa is available for occupation from 4.00pm local time on the day of arrival and is to be vacated by 10.00am on the morning of departure.
- Vacating after 10.00am may incur a charge equivalent to one days accommodation cost unless previously agreed with the owner or Management Company.
- Guests can arrange authorisation to arrive earlier or depart later if the villa is empty.
- We do understand that sometimes plans can change and should you need to change the dates of your booking, we are happy to help you but changes may incur an administration fee.
- Together with this completed booking form, a non- refundable deposit is due within 7 days of your provisional booking.
- On receipt of your deposit (and appropriate bank clearance) we will send out a confirmation of booking.
- Payment of the balance is due 8 weeks prior to your arrival date. Assuming receipt of the same, we will send you an arrival pack 2 weeks prior to your arrival. This will provide directions and lock box number to provide access to the villa.
- Failure to pay the final balance within 8 weeks prior to your arrival may lead to cancellation and loss of deposit.
- Payment can be accepted by bank transfer, UK pound cheque or credit card.
- Credit card payments will incur an additional 4% charge (except for American Express which will incur an additional 5% charge). This is to cover the fees imposed by the credit card companies.
- The client (party leader) is solely responsible for any damage or breakages that may be caused to the villa or its contents during your stay.
- We require a refundable security breakage deposit to be paid with your balance prior to travel.
- The Security deposits will be returned within 30 days of your return departure date once the management company has reported no damage and that you have returned the keys. Security deposits can be mailed back in the form of a UK cheque, bank transfer or alternatively we can credit back to your card at a 4% (or 5% if Amex) bank processing charge.
- The management company checks the home before your arrival and after your departure and will advise us of any damage / loss. This may include additional cleaning costs for removal of stains due to spillages or stains.
- You will be provided with one key for the villa. In the situation that you lock yourself out, you are to phone our management company immediately and they will allow you re-entry into the house. Unfortunately you will incur a small charge for their service depending on the call out time.
- We reserve the right to retain the security deposit (either in part or full) to cover damage or non-return of keys. Receipts for repairs / replacements will be provided in the unlikely event that such retention of the security deposit is necessary, plus further documentation or photographs will be provided if requested.
- We reserve the right to pursue you for recompense for any and all damages caused which may exceed the value of the security deposit and will require payment within 14 days of being served notice of this.
- Florida has a sub tropical climate and care must be taken with food that is left uncovered. Uncovered food can attract insects very quickly. Any added cost for pest control services incurred for lack of care may be passed to you.
- Should the villa be found in an unacceptable condition (excessive trash, excessive laundry or generally neglected) we reserve the right to retain the total security deposit plus further costs if required.
- A list of departure instructions are provided in the villa to help with your departure. We recommend you use this as a checklist upon your departure to reduce the risk of any charges.
Cancellation by Guests
- In the event of you needing to cancel, the following conditions will apply:
- The deposit is non refundable upon cancellation
- 5-8 weeks prior to your arrival date, 50% of the total charge to offset the discount that we will need to re-book the villa at short notice
- Less than 5 weeks prior to arrival date 100% of total charge (not including the security deposit or pool heating costs)
- Please ensure you have Travel Insurance to cover your losses if cancellation is due to an insured event beyond your control resulting in a financial loss.
Cancellation by the Owners or the Management Company
- In the unlikely event that personal circumstances necessitate cancellation of the booking then we will refund any monies paid by you (without interest, compensation or consequential loss of any kind). In the event of this happening our management company will always seek to relocate your booking to a villa of a similar or superior standard.
- Force Majeure: The owners and their agents accept no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage or alterations to the terms of this booking caused by events beyond our control including, but not restricted to, war, civil commotion, flight delays or cancellations, technical difficulties with transportation, alteration or cancellation or schedules by carriers, adverse weather conditions, fire, flood, industrial dispute or any other event beyond our control.
Directions, Keys and Codes
- It is your sole responsibility to ensure you have all documentation relating to the directions to the villa together with the lock box codes for access to the keys to the villa BEFORE you depart for your holiday.
- For security measures, lock boxes may be changed at the last minute at management's discretion.
- Should you not be able to gain entry, you MUST call the emergency number (863 420 7775) for the access code on the day of your arrival.
- No compensation or refunds will be given for non-entry to the villa should a call not be made at the time of your arrival.
- If you call out of hours, please leave your name and a contact number and you WILL be called back that day / evening.
Pool & Spa Heating / Condition of the Pool
- The pool and spa are under the care of contractors, they are serviced and chemically balanced weekly. It is possible in between services the pool may lose minimal water or chemicals or show signs of dirt (especially in stormy weather). We invite you to use the nets or brushes provided in between services to keep pools in good condition. Any major concerns are to be reported to the management company please.
- Spa and pool heaters are made up of electrical and mechanical components, which can sometimes malfunction. Please report any problems to our management company and they will do everything within their power to remedy the difficulty as soon as possible.
- Spa and pool heat can also be affected by the external temperature, especially in the cooler months. If the heater is found to be operating correctly but not providing heated water due to the temperatures, neither refund nor compensation will be given.
- If you paid for the pool to be heated and the pool is not heated, please report this immediately to the management company. Should a problem be located with a heater - you will be refunded the pool heating fees from the day you report the problem with no further compensation.
- Spa and pool call outs are only during working hours.
- Should guests require attention that is non-emergency related (i.e pool not heating) there will be a call out charge of $50.00.
- Spa and pools are scheduled to be turned on in the morning of your arrival date. Please note they take 24 hours to heat up.
Safety & Security
- To comply with state fire regulations under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons identified on the booking form occupy the villa.
- The swimming pool and its equipment is used entirely at the guest's own risk.
- No diving is allowed and children must be supervised at all times whilst in the pool area.
- Glass and crockery are not permitted in the pool area at any time. Please use the plastic items provided.
- In the unlikely event of a problem arising whilst you are on holiday (relating to our villa) you should immediately contact the management company (Homes of America) who will seek to resolve the matter speedily. Your satisfaction with our villa is paramount to us and should you consider that the matter is of a serious nature, you must contact the management company DURING your stay and not upon your arrival home. However, if the problem has not been reported to the management company during your stay we cannot accept any responsibility.
- LIABILITY - The villa is privately owned and neither the owners nor Homes of America accept any responsibility whatsoever for personal injury, accidents, loss or damage to persons or personal effects, however caused.
- The owners and Homes of America reserve the right of entry to the villa at any time. This includes such workers as pool maintenance, gardeners etc.
- Brochure / website description: whilst all information supplied in the brochure / website is deemed to be correct to the best of our knowledge, it is understood that the information supplied is for guidance purposes only and does not form part of any contract.
- This contract is subject to and shall be constructed in accordance with the laws of Florida and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the American courts.